For many kids, this camp will be their first time away from home. A camp at Gumleaves will give your students the opportunity to learn new skills, engage in challenging activities and develop teamwork competency and a level of independence. We have a range of self-led activities available, and provide the ideal environment for you to conduct your own program. Since the early 1990s thousands of school children have had both enjoyable and educational experiences at Gumleaves.
Gumleaves offers the facilities, activities and physical location to accommodate a range of camp outcomes and will present students with a range of outdoor activities and challenges designed to promote personal and social development. During a school camp at Gumleaves, primary school students can enjoy a range of fun and rewarding activities with opportunities:
- For peer bonding among students.
- For teacher/student bonding.
- To develop trust and effective communication between teachers and students.
- For teamwork, communication and collaboration among students.
- To challenge students and extend their boundaries outside limiting mindsets.
- To give students an introduction to, and appreciation of, the Australian bush, waterways, flora and fauna.
- For students to experience a range of adventure activities in a safe yet challenging environment.
- To understand that physical exertion can be fun.
- To encourage an interest in physical fitness as a means of overcoming obesity trends.
- To enhance students’ confidence and self esteem.
We can accommodate up 97 in our bunk rooms, with the option of additional accommodation in our self contained cabins and caravan and camping grounds. Click here for more information on accommodation options.
You may opt to hire our kitchen and do your own catering, or use our preferred caterer during your stay at Gumleaves Bush Holidays. Click here for more information on catering options at Gumleaves.
Students can enjoy a range of fun and rewarding activities.Click here for more information on activities at Gumleaves.
Whether you want your kids to learn more about the natural environment, investigate Tasmania’s history, or improve communication skills and build self esteem, there are a range of activities sure to please both the kids and the curriculum. Click here for more information on learning outcomes from camps at Gumleaves.