High School Camps
In our experience, we have found that high school camps can vary in their aims – year 7 camps generally tend to focus on peer bonding and the development of communication skills and trust – while older age groups often have more of a focus on outdoor education focus. Gumleaves offers the facilities, activities and physical location to accommodate a range of camp outcomes and will present students with a range of outdoor activities and challenges designed to promote personal and social development. During a school camp at Gumleaves, high school students can enjoy a range of fun and rewarding activities with opportunities:
- For peer bonding among students from different primary schools.
- For teacher/student bonding.
- To develop trust and effective communication between teachers and students.
- For teamwork, communication and collaboration among students.
- To challenge students and extend their boundaries outside limiting mindsets.
- To give students an introduction to, and appreciation of, the Australian bush, waterways, flora and fauna.
- For students to experience a range of adventure activities in a safe yet challenging environment.
- To understand that physical exertion can be fun.
- To encourage an interest in physical fitness as a means of overcoming obesity trends.
- To enhance students' confidence and self esteem.